AllSync TranslationThe user interface of the software AllSync is inherently available in German and English language. Here you get information about the translation of the user interface into another language or helping with an existing translation.
- Available Translations
- Help with an existing translation
- Start a new translation
- Send us the new translation
- Format of the language file
- Translation tools
langof the application folder. (e.g. C:\Program Files\AllSync\lang)
Help with an existing translationIf you have fixes, comments or suggestions about a translation, please contact the translator by email (see email address inside the language file).
Start a new translation
- Start AllSync and use the command
Create language file lang.txtat the menu/button
Language. This will create a copy of the file
- Activate the option
Use the language file lang.txtat the menu
- Use the command
Open language file lang.txtat the menu
Languageand to start the translation of the file content. See section Format of the language file.
- Restart AllSync to review your current translation.
- Sometimes a translated text needs more space to fit into the layout of the user interface: create a screenshot of the truncated text and send us the screenshot to
- Note: The translation file must be saved with a UTF-16 header.
Send us the new translationPlease send us the translation file
email@example.com you completed the translation of the user interface. We will review your translation and release it with the next update of AllSync. In return for translating the software into a new language we offer you a free business license of our commercial folder sync and backup software AllSync.
Format of the language file
- Lines with text of the user interface possesses the following format: Number,"Text"
- Lines with comments starting with the character # (Number sign): # This is a comment
- Lines always have to be separated by CR+LF at the end of a line (Carriage Return & Line Feed)
- Inside the text file there can also be empty lines
|"Text"||Yes||Text in quotes|
Please pay attention to the following rules:
- Only change the text inside the quotes.
- The text must always be given in quotes:
WRONG: 900,"Are you sure? <-- Missing quote at the end
CORRECT: 900,"Are you sure?"
- Don't use any quotes inside the quoted text:
WRONG: 1200,"Delete file "%1" from this folder?"
CORRECT: 1200,"Delete file '%1' from this folder?"
- The number and the text only have to be separated by one comma:
WRONG: 900 "Are you sure?" <-- Missing comma
WRONG: 900 , "Are you sure?" <-- Leading and trailing spaces
CORRECT: 900,"Are you sure?"
- Don't remove any leading or trailing spaces inside the quotes:
2010," Bytes copied"
The text can contain different placeholders:
|%1, %2, %3, ...||Placeholder for text or numbers|
|%!||word wrap (Carriage Return & Line Feed)|
The translated text must always contain all placeholders of the original text. Don't remove any placeholders and don't add new placeholders.